Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Boston: The Last Day

Monday April 1st was my last day in Boston. It was definitely bittersweet. i had such an amazing trip but 5 days isn't very long and I knew i would miss this great city. i mostly spent the day in the Commons, walking around seeing a few more things, and just enjoying the amazing weather. Here are a few pics from my walk.

Trinity Church


I love the old churches with the skyscrapers right behind them. it gives the city an old world/new world feel and I love that. Reminds me of london, and the mesh of history and modern that is represented there.

Boston Public Library





Another entrance to the Boston Commons

My last day in Boston was a little windy but so nice and sunny at the same time. There were a ton of people in the Boston Commons enjoying the nice weather.



OK The mother goose statue with the little geese is pretty much the cutest thing in the world

There is a meme called Nerd Girl Problems. I very much relate to what they write about. One in particular that is totally represented by the picture below..."My idea of an outdoor activity is taking my book outside to read." I love reading and i like being outside so reading on a park bench in the Boston Commons was a great way to spend a few hours.





Finally, one of the things i did before I left, was eat at one of my favorite British restaurants. Wagamama's. They are all over London and a really good asian fusion kind of place. I found out there was one in Boston and I knew I had to eat there. I'm glad I did. i sat outside in the sun enjoying delicious noodles and people watching.

 
 
It's been over a month since i was in Boston. Really a month and a half. I had such a great time and i'm so glad i had the opportunity to see my dear friends from London as well as meet a bunch of really great people. i'm glad I got to experience city life again and hopefully have the opportunity to live in a big city again (instead of the suburbs). I'm glad i had the courage and sense of adventure to travel somewhere by myself, and not be afraid to try new things, talk myself into something I wouldn't usually do, or look for ways to put myself out there. I'm glad i love to travel, to see new places and meet new people, it's such a rewarding experience. Even though it can be expensive (and done cheaply too) it's totally TOTALLY worth it and I can't wait for my next adventure.
 
Speaking of, i have one more post about the AMAZING app i used while i was in Boston. then, i'm going to Southern California for 5 days starting next Wednesday. i'm so excited to be back in my old college town, see friends i haven't seen in almost a year, and spend time at the beach and our old favorite haunts. There will be a lot of gawking at wealthy people at south coast plaza, walking along the beach, eating at my favorite restaurants and coffee shops, walking around my old campus, and a day at disneyland. plus a lot of cuddling for me and my slightly codependent and overly affectionate friends. i can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment