Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Post

A first post should hold much anticipation for the future postings, of the adventure and excitement that comes with starting a new blog and the posts that will be written.
For now, I am just relieved.
Because this post will finally be about London. It is 6 months in the making. SIX MONTHS of total stress and nervousness and of getting to the final goal of an approved visa. Of sending in my acceptance, sending in financial undertaking form, taking out 2 loans (one only a week ago!), submitting visa applications, taking my biometrics (fingerprints AND digital face photo), and going to Los Angeles twice to submit all the paperwork and get my visa approved.
And today is the day. Today my visa was approved. At 12:23pm by a lovely Visa Clearance Officer named Agnes. I am very happy.
Now, this post can be about London. About the next 15 months spent in a foreign city I have only briefly visited. A city that I am drawn to in some inexplicable way and casually applied to graduate school with no real destination or idea that one day I would attend.
And now I will live there. And attend school. And take in the adventures of such a big city. Museums, pubs, and castles are calling my name-I can hear them faintly across the miles (or km!).
I leave in 9 days on this crazy adventure and I am hoping to use this space to keep people informed, excited, and maybe a bit jealous. :) I will be posting pictures, telling stories, and living my life in one of my favorite cities in the world. Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment