Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunday

It has been sooo long since I have posted. Mostly due to a stressful term. 2 more weeks until the end of the term. I can't wait! Yesterday (Sunday) I walked to Oxford Street-to run some errands and to also enjoy the beautiful weather. If you look through these pictures you can see the gorgeous blue sky! It was still chilly but not like it has been lately. It was fun to walk around and take pictures-and a good break from school.

One of my favorite buildings on the walk to school. It's small and surrounded by big buildings and has such a cool feel with the shape of the building and the statues. I have no idea what it is but I see it everyday when I walk to school and I love it.


I'm realizing this is mostly a post about architecture-which I love about London. So many different types of buildings with an enormous history.


These two buildings next to each other are great-the lighting isn't good to see some of the detail but around the windows is especially awesome.


One thing I love about London-The Royal Mail. This is where you can drop off a letter to be mailed (when there isn't a strike of course).


An old church on the walk to school.


The Royal Courts of Justice. This building is right next to school and it is so gorgeous.


A statue in the middle of the street.


Look at all the arches and turrets and details! This is a different angle of the royal courts of justice and it's so fun to look at!


The church directly next to school.


The back view of the royal courts of justice, taken from campus. so pretty!



One of the people in my Methods group who I had tea with a couple days ago made the comment that it is important to look up when walking in London. This is so true-with the different time periods and architecture represented-and one of the reasons I love this city so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment