Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wednesday

Why yes I am revising for my exams and no they are not causing me to panic and stress. And neither is the thought of figuring out/outlining and researching/writing my dissertation.

Today I met up with my friend Paige. We always have fun when we hang out. We grabbed sandwiches at a small shop on Neal Street in Covent Garden and then went to...



THE CINEMA!!! It was so fun to see a film! I haven't seen a film here yet in the UK and the last time I saw a film at home was Where the Wild Things are at the dollar theater in Irvine in January. And before that... probably this last summer before I left for London. That's only 2 movies this year. I have been wanting to go to the cinema FOREVER and found the perfect chance-my mobile phone provider Orange has 2 for 1 tickets on Wednesdays. AWESOME. So Paige and I both saw the film for £6.50 total. sweeeet.

We saw Four Lions. It is impossible to convey how freaking awesome this movie was. It is seriously one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Case in point this picture:




It is completely taken out of context and will not make any sense but just looking at this picture again makes me laugh so hard. It might seen incredibly strange but the movie is about a terrorist cell in Sheffield, England. And basically their interactions with the town, each other, Pakistan, and their desire to be suicide bombers. I know some people might not be entertained by this humour BUT it is billed as a comedy and trust me, it is sooo funny. The director did a fantastic job and it's getting amazing reviews here. I don't think there are plans to release it in the US yet (I honestly don't know if it would be as popular at home) but I think they should. It was a great pick after months of not seeing a film at the cinema. I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment