Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday 24 May 2010

Today was a really fun day. First, the weather. This is according to my borough on bbc.co.uk:



yes, 30. for the record that is 86 degrees!!! It was absolutely gorgeous although bordering on too hot. But the sun felt so nice and there was a cool breeze. lovely.

I met Paige at Piccadilly Circus to eat at Maoz Vegetarian.



We had yummy falafel with hummus. So good. I've had Maoz before when I was in Barcelona and I was excited to find a location in London. The food was really good.

Paige and I walked around Soho and talked about school, life in London, and just hung out. We decided to get something sweet and remembered a frozen yogurt place not far. Called Snog. Awesome right?




This is what I got. Chocolate frozen yogurt with strawberries. It was so good. We ate our frozen yogurt while walking toward campus.

We popped into NAB on campus to head up to the balcony on the 8th floor for a lovely view of London and a cool breeze. This isn't the exact picture from the balcony (I didn't bring my camera) but this is a pretty good idea of the view we had. The balcony went almost all the way around the building and so we got a great view of London (for free!).




It was fun to hang out in the sunshine and eat yummy food with good company. It's been so fun living in London and I'm beginning to feel sad about leaving this city and the friends I have made here.

Tonight is studying and prepping for a study group Wednesday and my dissertation meeting with my advisor. I've been procrastinating a bit too much lately and have since made a schedule of what I need to accomplish to feel prepared for the exams. I feel like if I stick to the schedule I will do well and so that is my goal. Although it is hard with this lovely weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment