Saturday, April 10, 2010

Borough Market

I went to Borough Market today to get out of the house and to enjoy some gorgeous London weather!!! (And you and I thought that didn't exist!) It's a lovely 16C outside (about 60F) and it's a wonder I am impressed with such a low temperature but after such a looong cold weather any patch of blue sky and sunshine is nice weather. But it is actually so nice outside that I felt the need to soak up some non artificial Vitamin D. So I journeyed to Borough Market. As did the ENTIRE REST OF LONDON. Just kidding-it wasn't the entire population. but maybe half. Seriously, it was so crowded.

The market is really fun. It's basically foodie heaven according to some articles I have read. There are tons of stalls of fruit and veg, different kinds of meats, strange food stalls from all over-like ostrich meat burgers (ew) and lots of different breads, nuts, dried fruits, cheeses, spreads, wine, etc. It's really fun to just walk around. I bought some bread, fruit and veg, and enjoyed the sunshine.




Above is what I bought. Whole wheat homemade bread, asparagus, kale, carrots, and yes, a delicious brownie. The picture was taken with my Mac because my converter is broken. I'm hoping to borrow one from a flatmate before I visit Stonehenge next week. It was a fun afternoon in the lovely London weather. I'm hoping it sticks around for awhile-but isn't too distracting for my essays due in less than 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment