Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday

Today was a great Sunday. I have to admit the pictures are not taken by me-they are courtesy of google. But it was a really nice day.

First, I met my friend Paige (freshly back from LA!) at Food For Thought. A great vegetarian restaurant on Neal Street in Covent Garden. I would recommend it to everyone. It's definitely a little hole in the wall restaurant, not much seating, but really good food. I had sweet potato and bean casserole and a fruit crumble. It was so good.



Then we walked to Caffe Nero and I had yummy soy chai. This is my favorite chai in the city.


Walked to Trafalgar Square to sit and talk in front of the National Gallery-and to watch all of the tourists that are starting to visit London. While this picture isn't from today the weather looked a lot like this-it was gorgeous! Sunny and clear, around 60F. So nice. There was a bit of a breeze but the sun was warm. People watching is so entertaining-especially the people that throw coins into the dish for "statues" that come to life. Very amusing. Oh! And awesome conversation with Paige-it was great to catch up and hear about her trip. Also, being the amazing friend she is, she brought me back chai and biscotti from Trader Joes! :)



It was a fun day in the beautiful city of London. Tomorrow I'm headed to Bath and Stonehenge with Sarah and her family which should be really fun. I will take a lot of pictures and post later in the week. When I get back from there it will be pressure time to get my essays done!

No comments:

Post a Comment