Thursday, June 3, 2010

I went on a walk...

Today is beautiful outside. It's around 75 and clear and sunny. I went for a walk. South on Great Dover Street, Left on Tower Bridge Road, Left on The Queen's Walk, Left on Borough High Street, and back to Great Dover Street for about a 2.5 mile walk. It was really nice, sunny, not too crowded, and fun. I took some pictures:

Tower Bridge. I've posted pics of it before but it's so pretty!



From the Queen's Walk:


You can see the low level of the Thames. I like this picture.


Elephant Parade! All throughout London are painted elephants for sale as a charity. The Queen's walk is full of them and there are some in Trafalgar Square in other places in London. I love how brightly and creatively decorated they are.


Southwark Cathedral.


Borough Market sign


Borough Market entrance.


London Bridge Underground. If you couldn't tell I was experimenting with camera angles-mostly so I did not appear like an annoying tourist but also because I think some of them turned out really cool.


St. George the Martyr church


Road Sign


Borough Tube stop and black London cab


Trees along Great Dover Street


pretty flowers in bloom


my street: Great Dover Street. lovely.


Entrance to my building. I am home.



The weather is supposed to be nice throughout the weekend. I'm hoping to get a chance to get out and see some sites. I can't believe I only have 25 days left here in London. It's pretty surreal and on top of exams I have much I want to do before I leave, touristy things, sites, and hanging out with my friends. It will be sad to leave.

My Methods exam is tomorrow!!!! I'm actually looking forward to it only because it will FINALLY be over. I have spent hours and hours prepping, reading, writing practice essays, and studying and I just want to get it over with. I think I will do fine-based on the practice exams I have taken and the feedback from our study groups (which have been an awesome combination of friends, studying, and fun). I'm a little nervous because we don't know the exact questions that will be asked but I think I have studied so broadly that I can pretty much answer anything. I am looking forward to 5:30pm tomorrow!!! (If you couldn't tell I'm not thinking about studying for my Soc Thought Exam again until Saturday-I need a break!)

25 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment