Friday, January 25, 2013

Whoops. Thursday.

I forgot to blog yesterday. Working full time is hard. And being sick is hard. So I'm exhausted.
But Thursdays blog is important. It's saving money. It's something I need to do. It's essential for future travel. And it's really really hard to do. There are people who don't need to save money or make a budget to travel. But I do. Most of you probably do too. And it's so so hard. But I'm going to try to give you tips that have helped me, mistakes I've made, and how to afford travel.
Firstly, make a budget. Budgets suck. They really suck. I am not good at following rules. Especially about money. I see something I like or want and get it. Instant gratification. But traveling means planning ahead. So budget. Categories: bills (essentials), savings, travel/other. We have to pay bills. We have to save money. I do not need to buy a couple new DVDs (especially at $20 each!) or a new shirt. I have to prioritize. And it's a daily thing. I have to tell myself I can have a new book or I can put the money toward a flight or a nice dinner or souvenir in Europe. It's hard for me to think long term because I really want something now. But saving now is so worth it in the end. Because I could have a new book or an amazing experience abroad. That is more important.
There are so many budget tips online including how to do it exactly. But do one and really try to stick to it. The rewards will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment