Friday, September 18, 2009

Finally here!

I'm in London!!! It feels so good to be here after 19 hours of traveling. The flights were super long but not a lot of turbulence which makes me happy. Iceland Air is awesome!
I definitely want to go back to Reykjavik sometime. It was so gorgeous. We had a nine hour layover which gave us enough time to go to the city center and look around. It's quite a sprawling city and COLD! We ate at a litle cafe and I sat fascinated by Icelandic. It is so fun to listen to. I will post the pics we took soon.
Another 4 hour flight brought is to London and customs was sooo easy. I was worried because of all of the problems this visa process has had so far but I just had to show my visa and visa letter and answer a few questions. Yay.
Took a taxi to our hotel. We are staying at the Hotel Earl's Court and it's small but nice and close to a whole whole bunch of stuff. Our taxi driver was funny and talkative. It was an old style cab and he also told us to avoid the 2 gay bars by our hotel LOL.
Now finally going to sleep after almost 24 hours without it. Tomorrow will be busy with visiting flats and trying to find a place to live.
I am so excited to be here!

1 comment: