Monday, September 28, 2009

Busy

So I haven't posted in a couple of days but I have a good reason! I cannot get the internet in my room to work. So i'm in the computer lab in the building and just wanted to write quickly that things are good. I spent Saturday unpacking my room and watching FRIENDS. It took forever to get organized because I was not very motivated.
Sunday I got up and went to church, which was so good! I love Hillsong London. Then I tried to go to a grocery store by my dorm so I got off a tube stop before I got very lost. Like I walked 2 miles out of the way and in a circle. Oh well, I found an internet cafe and ate at Nando's. Then I got to the grocery store just as it closed! FYI grocery stores closed at 5pm on Sundays. So I found an 24 hour Marks and Spencer and got a few things I would need.
Today, I have a huge to-do list. I have to print enrollment verifications. Send one to Wells Fargo for forbearance on my loan, one to become exempt from council tax here in the UK, one to get a student oyster card (and find my passport photo for that) and one to open a bank account. I've heard opening a bank account here is really difficult and annoying so I'm in for a long, boring process. Hopefully it goes smoothly.
I've got pretty much the whole week to get this stuff done but there's a lot. Including registering for the NHS and going to an appointment. ugh. And 2 different orientations, one tomorrow and one wednesday.
Ok well I have to go start all the errands. I have pictures of my room that I will try to put up as soon as possible. I will write soon!

3 comments:

  1. What's a student oyster card? And have you been able to get all your errands done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Oyster Card is a travel card for the bus, tube, etc and you get a better rate than buying regular tickets for travel everyday. The student one is a 30% discount on the regular price. So it would save me a lot. However, I have to open a bank account first in order to get the oyster card. It's a multi-layer process and keeping me quite busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be busy but you can do it look at all you've accomplished toget towhere you are. love you much, g-ma

    ReplyDelete