Tuesday, December 8, 2009

3 days

It's so strange to think that in 3 days (and many many hours of traveling) I will be at home. I am excited to have a break from school (minus the papers I will have to write due in January) and I am excited to see family and friends. It will be strange to leave London, I have grown very attached to the city. I am excited that I get to come back and spend another 8 (ish) months here and I know that there will be a lot of hard work involved but I love this city and the opportunity to live here and to travel. I already have a little (ok long) list of places I want to go while I am here.
Today as I was cleaning out my closet to begin the packing process I found my flip flops-untouched in 3 months and squished into a corner. My poor neglected Rainbows that carried me through so much at Vanguard, and now they are abandoned with the cold of a new city. I am looking forward to wearing them again in the sunshine of Southern California. It makes me think of this summer living in the sunshine and I miss it! I am also bringing my boots for Seattle. Boots and flip flops in the same suitcase. Story of my life. I love the crowded rainy city and the sunshine and beach.
Tomorrow will be a fun day. I am meeting my friends Laura and Sarah from my program to go eat living food (an obsession of Sarah's that I am slowly becoming obsessed with too!) and we are going to see the Lion King!!!! We can get tickets the day of at the lovely student price of £20.50. I am looking forward to it so much and to have the songs stuck in my head! After the play we have our department party which should be fun. Then home to clean, pack, do laundry, and of course, try to work on my papers. 3 more days!!!

1 comment:

  1. Finally caught up on your blog! You've been doing a lot of sight seeing. It sounds so fun. I love visiting big cities and doing all the things you are doing. It's a lot different with kids! That picture of the wicked witch is awesome. I'll have to show it to Elena. We've read The Wizard of Oz at least 5 times now. Grandma got her the McDonald's figurines last year. Anyway, good to read your blog and talk to you yesterday. Just a few more days and you'll be home and then we'll see you too! :)

    ReplyDelete