Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Today was fun. I had class this afternoon and the lecturer was Sarah Franklin who focused on reproductive technologies and sociology and it was so interesting! I am hoping to use some of her research for my paper in this class. I don't have the topic nailed down right now but I am thinking about looking at the social and biological in terms of in vitro fertilization.

After class I went to Piccadilly Circus and more specifically Fortnum and Mason. It's this beautiful old store, it's been in the same location for 300 years! It's very fancy, lots of levels with anything you can imagine for sale. I spent time around the tea section :) and enjoyed all of the Christmas trees and decorations. It's so beautiful! Apparently the store caters to lots of famous people and provides (exclusively, I think) groceries and supplies for the royal family. pretty cool.

I also stopped at Piccadilly Market which is an old antique and collectibles market which was fun to walk around and see what they had. Plus Piccadilly Circus is just fun to walk around and see the lights and the fountain and everything all lit up and decorated for Christmas.

Tomorrow I am planning on going to the Elephant and Castle Christmas Market which is down the street-and right next to Nando's... so I think I know where I am going for dinner :)

The next couple of days are going to be busy with school and work I want to get done before I leave, packing and cleaning, and of course, taking advantage of the numerous Christmas activities around London. I love living in a big active city where I there are tons of Christmas markets! Or, really, any place decorated heavily for Christmas. Which includes passing little cobblestone streets strung with lights. so pretty! I am planning on the E&C Christmas Market, seeing the Christmas Tree being lit at Trafalgar Square on Thursday, the Leadenhall Christmas Market (where Diagon Alley-Harry Potter-scenes were filmed!), and the biggest and bestest Christmas Market... WINTER WONDERLAND! It's basically 20 acres in Hyde Park devoted to Christmas. Lots of rides, ice skating, shops, etc. I am hoping to go there next week and it will be so fun! I am excited! Of course, I will try to post pictures soon too.

Since it's past midnight here in London I will say... 10 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment