Monday, December 7, 2009

Walking in a Winter Wonderland...

Today, despite the rain I went out in the the city to do some touristy things. I started at the Victoria & Albert Museum and looked at a few exhibits. It's a huge museum, I definitely want to go back again sometime.

Then I went to Harrods. I would not recommend big department store's around the holidays. with tourists. not. fun. Also not fun is the entire 4th floor devoted to children's toys. Avoid that floor at all costs. On the other hand Harrods' is celebrating the 70th anniversary of The Wizard of Oz and had a lot of window displays and clips from the movie playing. Here is a fun display outside of the wicked witch:


From Harrod's I walked to Hyde Park... as it slowly started to rain. It got worse as the evening went on. But it was still fun.

Winter Wonderland! Hyde Park devotes about 2 acres to a Christmas Faire. It was raining and not very crowded but it was still fun to walk through.


Ice skating rink!

Carnival area. I avoid the temporary rides but it was still fun to see everything lit up and the Christmas music playing.

Another street at the faire.

A snowman jumper!

Mini Christmas trees around a dining area.

They turned part of the park into a German faire. It was very quaint. Although deserted for the most part-unless you looked into any of the 4 or 5 pubs lining the streets.

Little shops!



I really did feel like I was in Bavaria again!

Santa! with Christmas trees and a snowman!

And of course, A giant Christmas tree! I love it!



Today was fun although cold and rainy. I left Winter Wonderland and headed home, with a quick stop at Nando's for a yummy dinner. I also had an interesting experience because I found a shopping bag that had some Clinique products, etc in it and had to turn it into the supervisor at the tube. I really wanted to keep it, several people have told me that if you lose something on the tube than it's finder's keepers, but I felt bad so I turned it in. Hopefully the person who lost it will find it.

Now I'm back in my room, needing to read for class tomorrow and clean/pack for Saturday! I leave so soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi honey. I love the snowman jumper. It's so cute. I really hope we get to go next year especially in December. Everything looks so beautiful and quaint. It is so crazy to think you will be here on Saturdayl. Yippee!!! I can't wait. I"m really getting excited. Love all your pictures. I'm proud of you for turning the bag in but also alittle concerned about you picking up something laying around. Be careful!!!! anyway, love you much, see you soon. mom

    ReplyDelete