Thursday, October 8, 2009

Today I had the required course: Social Research Methods. It seems pretty standard, a lot like the Methods course I had at Vanguard. Except this one lasts a whole year! It's taught by 2 different professors though and this term covers Qualitative Methods, next term Quantitiative. It will be interesting. I like that everyone from my program is in the course, so we can all meet up after for lunch or just hang out and get to know each other better.

I walked home from school today. I would walk in the morning too if I could get up earlier :) But it's nice to walk in the afternoon and today was much better than yesterday. Today it was sunny and even kind of warm (not really warm, just pleasant enough to walk). I don't know how long the nice weather will last but I hope it sticks around for awhile.

Tomorrow I am going to another course called Gender & Societies, this is the one I really want to take. The professor is also involved with the Gender Institute here and I've talked to some of the people in my program about creating a Sociology off-shoot group of the Gender Institute that's geared toward our program which could be really interesting. We would get together and talk about what's going on in the Gender Institute and work on our dissertations and ideas, and basically work together on common issues. It sounds like it would be a fun time.

Not a lot of plans for the weekend. I need to get a cell phone, I'm thinking of getting a pay as you go plan since it's cheaper and I don't have the same obligations that I would with a contract. Also, I have some reading to do as the term really is getting started now!

No comments:

Post a Comment