Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday

Still no internet in my room which is very frustrating but at least there is a computer lab I can use. I'm hoping it's back up before Sunday so I can Skype!!! Also, I'm going to set up the phone in my room so I can make calls. I'm not sure the rates yet though.

Today I went to Tate Modern, which is always interesting. I especially liked the giant table and chairs that were so tall you could walk under them. I don't really get modern art but it can be interesting. Then I walked through Borough Market which is this huge weekend outdoor market with lots of food and craft stalls. It was fun to see all of the different venders but it was realllly crowded.

Tomorrow I'm going to church and then the British Museum (hopefully). I changed my schedule a bit (I think it's final, but I have until next Friday to decide which is kind of weird). So i dont' have class until Tuesday. I think I told people I was taking Sociology of Employment but I am going to take Contemporary Social Thought instead. It covers a lot more topics that look really interesting and the professor is someone I definitely want to take a class with while I am here, so I am doing it now. I am excited for my classes to start.

Also, the rain has finally come to London. It's sprinkling outside. It's been super windy and cold all day so I figured it would be about time for rain. Who knows how long it's going to last or if it will get better or worse. I will definitely have to get used to it again. What's funny is that in Seattle (for the most part) people don't use umbrellas, they just kind of tough it out. But in London EVERYONE has an umbrella, locals and tourists.

2 comments:

  1. hey glad to see you are still sightseeing. cool.
    you did bring an umbrella right?
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, glad you got an account set up. Did you use your AIM account? Yes I have an umbrella here. It only rained a little bit last night, but not at all today which is good.

    ReplyDelete