Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday

I did not sleep well last night. I was still awake at 2:30 and when I finally fell asleep I woke up several times. I'm not sure why but it was annoying.

I had to get up at 8:30 (on a day I usually sleep in) because I had to meet with my advisor at 10. It was a good meeting. We talked about school and classes and LSE. My advisor is Ursula Henz who is also my Research Methods professor. She is very nice and was really helpful. It was a good meeting.

Then I decided that since I was up anyway I should run some errands that I've been needing to do for awhile.

First, Boots. I love Boots. It's basically a pharmacy/Walgreens/Rite Aid but SO MUCH BETTER. It's almost as if you took the health and beauty section of Target and made its own store. It has everything. I had to get a few things there-including an umbrella. It rained all morning. Then I bought my umbrella and it stopped raining! Anyway this is Boots:


Then I went to John Lewis:

It's a big department store. I had to get some yarn because I am making a scarf for a new friend here. Except I bought the wrong kind!!! So i have to go back again, and it's not very convenient to get to. So i have to go back at some point, probably this week, and exchange what I bought for something else.

Ellen-I don't know if you tell Elena a lot of what I am doing here in London but I have a feeling she would be very excited about where I had lunch. It's an entire restaurant devoted to hummus!

Of course I had to go as soon as I found out this place existed. They have falafel and chicken and beef and you can add carrot sticks, or other things to your meal but I just got a small hummus with guacamole and jalapenos and a pita. It was really good.




That's my day so far. The rest of the day is going to be spent reading. I have several things to read for tomorrow and for Friday so that will definitely be keeping me busy.

OH and mom-I finally got your card today! Thank you!!! The stamp on it says it was sent on 2 October, so it only took 19 days! lol I have no idea if that is normal or not but it seems like a long time.

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely tell her. Maybe you can take us there when we visit next Christmas :). I can't wait! I've been up a lot at night lately too! Baby GAS! :( Hate it! I am loving being able to explore London vicariously.

    ReplyDelete