Thursday, November 5, 2009

My room

Finally my room is clean enough to take some decent pictures of where I live.

I'm pretty much standing in the doorway. This is my bed. With clean sheets :) Also, I did not choose the curtains. They are awful.

This is the other side of my room from the same spot. I can pretty much lean back and touch my bed when I am sitting in my chair. It is usually crowded with books and papers but I finally cleaned it off enough for a picture. It isn't just my desk, but my kitchen, storage, toiletries, bookshelf, and entertainment area.

A more direct view. As you can see I keep pretty much everything on the shelves or in the cabinets. The drawers to the left are mostly office supplies, camera cords and converters, and papers. The cabinet on the right is where I keep towels, dish soap, laundry soap, and on the top shelf of the cabinet has some food stuff.

This is my mini kitchen. There is a kitchen with an oven, 2 stove tops (called hobs), freezer, sink, and table and chairs down the hall but I have a few things in my room. Every room has a mini fridge and I have mostly stuff for tea as you can see. I bought an electric kettle the week I moved in because I drink tea all the time, tea cup, boxes of tea, and some fruit. By the kettle is my cute silverware, they are tan with different colored polka dots.

This is my closet. Right next to the door. It's actually pretty spacious, I have enough room for all of my stuff. In the front is my trench coat because it has been so cold here I have been wearing it every day. That and a scarf, also in the front.

Ok. On to the bathroom. It is possibly the worst bathroom ever. Except for the Caledonian Hostel in Edinburgh, Scotland. But I didn't have to use that one every day. The shower is above and slightly to the left of the toilet in a small corner of the bathroom. The floor doesn't really slant, so the water kind of pools and doesn't drain well. I know I am being too detailed but it is gross. This is the point I am trying to make.

Standard toilet, mirror, sink-except there is a cold faucet and a hot faucet. Pretty standard here. Also I don't think the picture allows the viewer to fully appreciate the bright blue ugliness that is on the walls. It is awful. And it is floor to ceiling.

Ok well that's my room. It's small but I like that I have my own bathroom and it's only my space. I haven't had that in a long time, having had roommates all of college. It's good enough or me. I will hopefully be living here during the summer too but I can't do applications for summer housing until January.

Today did not start out well. I was late getting up because I didn't fall asleep until very late last night (this morning) and had to be up at 8 for class. Then I got on the bus to go to school except I didn't have any money on my Oyster Card (travel card) and had to get off and walk to the closest tube stop (like 1/2 mile) to top up and get on at another stop. Barely made it to class. The class itself is ok, but it's a lot of stuff I've already learned from Intro and Methods. It's strange because some people in the Msc Sociology don't have a Sociology background so I think the professor is trying to get everyone on the same level. But it's kind of boring. Today was the halfway point through the term and we talked about open ended and double barreled questions... something I covered at the very beginning of studying Sociology. But hopefully it will get better.
After class I went to lunch with a friend at this place called All Bar One. It was really good. Then we walked around London and explored Covent Garden and Soho and found Patisserie Valerie. This adorable little French bakery/cafe. I loved it.
Tonight has been lots of reading for class tomorrow. And some prep/research for a presentation I have next Friday in Gender and Societies.


No comments:

Post a Comment