Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My walk to school

I wanted to take some pictures of my walk to/from school. I didn't take any on the way to school which ended up being a mistake because when I got out of class at 4:30 it was already starting to get dark. So I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to but more will be up soon.

This is St. Clement Danes right next to my school. It is a really pretty church and the bells are beautiful on Sunday.


This is the gate to enter the Royal Courts of Justice which is located right next to LSE. The trees are so beautiful with all of the leaves changing and falling. It's nice to have a real season!

Part of Fleet Street with a cool pub and old buildings.

Looking back on the Royal Courts of Justice as it's getting dark.

I'm not sure the name of this church but it peaks between two modern new buildings on the walk home.

Almost to the bridge to cross into South London. You can see the London Eye and the OXO Tower.

Along the Thames the architecture is so interesting.

This is the Blackfriar's Bridge that I usually cross on my walk to school. It has a red and white pattern and is really pretty.

More view of the Thames.


This is only about halfway through my walk. It got too dark and I had to stop taking pictures. The walk is 3km (about 2 miles) and takes about 45 minutes. It was cold and windy today, especially on the bridge, but there are lots of people around and cool buildings to look at. I will post pictures around campus soon too so people can get a feel of LSE.

3 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful pics but I don't like you out that late and when it's dark. Be safe or I will worry to much.
    love you
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. i finally figured out how to do this. great.
    love you and miss you bunches.
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got it working. Now you can leave comments! YAY! And it's not being out late, these pictures were taken at like 4:30pm. I had just gotten out of class. I walk through a really safe neighborhood too, and there's all the business people coming home from work. It's pretty standard here because it gets dark so early. Don't worry. Love you.

    ReplyDelete