Thursday, June 10, 2010

Just wanted to post a quick updates since I haven't for awhile. Hopefully I will post a bit more in my last few weeks here in London but I have been super busy with my final exam which is tomorrow!!!! I am feeling very unprepared, unlike Methods, and worried about it. It's a 3 hour, 3 question exam and the topics have been so broad all year that I feel overwhelmed with the amount of material. Plus there are no past exam questions to look at because this is a new course and I felt ridiculously stupid after more than a few lectures so yes, I am quite worried about tomorrow. I spoke with my TA for the course and she told me to summarize, make good and clear arguments, and utilize theorists and the formative questions. I can summarize 4 of the 12 topics fairly well, I can attempt arguments although they are not very strong, and I guess I will just have to draw on what I have read and branch into the realm of rambling to cover the other 2-3 pages each essay requires. The exam is also at 10am which is not my typical hour of great productive work so I'm hoping my system is just shocked and I remember everything and write well enough to pass. That's all I want. I can't wait for it to be over with!

I'm posting a picture of the reading I have had to do this year. Yes, ALL of the reading I have done this year. Theoretically I have read this entire stack. And it is a massive stack of papers (hence the chapstick for comparison). It's from all of the courses I have taken. I will be bringing a few key articles home but am looking forward to not having to see this stack every day starting very soon! Here it is:




Ok well I'd better get back to studying. 16 hours and counting until the exam starts. Also, 18 days until I am in Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment