Monday, June 21, 2010

Sunday/Monday

Sunday and Monday have both been fun. Yesterday (Sunday) I met up with Sarah on South Bank and we went here:



To the Clink Prison Museum. It was really great. It's small and wasn't crowded at all. It is also the location of the original Clink prison which was really cool. They had a lot of information on the medieval history of the city and different prison and torture devices throughout history. It was pretty disturbing but I found it also very interesting.

We also stopped and had Caffe Nero soy chai and watched tourists. Then we went to Sarah's house and made dinner and I got to Skype a bit and we watched SVU.

In other news, my computer is broken! :( so sad. It basically won't boot up all the way and just blinks a file with a question mark. I need to take it in to Apple Care in order to see if it's fixable. I really really hope so. And I hope that it's covered under Apple Care. It's really frustrating but I'm glad that it happened after exams (although I still have the dissertation!) and I'm also glad that I backed up my computer just a few weeks ago with all of my LSE information.

Monday-

I met up with Sarah on campus and we ate at Slug and Lettuce. It's a strange name for a restaurant but the food is really good and on Monday's they have 50% off the entire order which is a pretty sweet deal:



We then went shopping on Oxford Street and in Covent Garden.





Next and New Look are two great stores here and it was fun to walk around and shop. I'm glad that I've gotten to spend time with friends the last couple of days here in London. It's going to be sad to leave.
Tomorrow is a boring day. I have to do laundry and some packing and cleaning. I'm going to be working on my dissertation outline because I have a meeting with my advisor on Wednesday. I also want to work on my resume so I can start applying for jobs. It will be a productive day-just not very exciting. But the rest of the week should be pretty great. Wednesday is my going away party and Thursday a boat cruise on the Thames with my dorm. Plus the weekend spent in the park and doing last minute touristy things, walks, and spending time with friends.
I can't believe I only have one week left!



No comments:

Post a Comment